Preparing for PSHCE
Share article posted on September 18, 2020
In addition to our expert one-to-one academic tuition, Westminster Tutors holds weekly PSHCE (Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education) sessions on a wide range of topics for all our students. This is a great way for our students to meet and exchange opinions on current affairs and important issues.
We would normally hold our PSHCE sessions with groups of students in the college, but due to Covid restrictions, we are carrying out all these sessions online this year. This will also enable flexibility with scheduling so that no student misses out.
In recent years, we have been fortunate enough to welcome some fascinating guest speakers, including:
- Hamilton actor Stephenson Ardern-Sodje, who spoke about racism and the arts
- law student Liberty Crawford, who delivered a lecture on environmental law
- BBC producer Paddy Maguire, who ran a public speaking workshop
This year, many of our students have already registered an interest in the following PSHCE topics:
- Environmental Awareness
- Volunteering for a Charity
- Finding Work Experience
- Stress & Anxiety
- Essay Planning & Writing
- Note-taking & Organisation
- Personal Finance
We look forward to lots of lively discussion on all these topic areas and more throughout the year!